Friday 24 June 2011

Thing 2

Hmm, must start thinking up better post titles...
Have been slightly overawed with the number of blogs available on the cpd23 delicious page. It's amazing that there are so many participants, should be an interesting community to be a part of. I've been browsing a few, trying not to get too addicted to the 'just click on one more link' nature of the list. So, what have I learnt?
1) other people have a lot of interesting things to say. I'm concerned that I might be a bit lacking in this department. I have never really tried writing before, outside of an academic context. Never kept a diary, or felt the need to share my opinions with the big wide world very often. So, I don't know how I'm going to adjust to the regular blog writing. But, we shall see.
2) chartership - it might be something to still consider. I finished my library degree some years ago (2004), and thought briefly about chartership straight after I finished, but never followed it up. As time has gone on, I have become less and less convinced of what value CILIP chartership holds, so was interested to see that for some, chartership is the impetus behind taking part in cdp23. Will wait for thing 10 with bated breath!
3) I need to learn to rein in my slightly obsessive personality, otherwise reading other people's blogs will take over my life.
Looking forward to Monday and Thing 3 already.

1 comment:

  1. It's a bit difficult to know where to start (and finish) isn't it! I could also spend far too much time reading other people's blogs! Thanks for your comment on my blog earlier.

    ReplyDelete